Tuesday 3 July 2012

Christian Dior - Haute Couture Autumn/Winter 2012

This is probably the most anticipated collection of the season, Raf Simons debut his first Haute Couture collection for Christian Dior. Marc Jacobs, Alber Elbaz, Pierre Cardin, Donatella Versace, Riccardo Tisci, Olivier Theyskens and Diane von Furstenberg all attended the show.

I was really looking forward to this collection and I was not disappointed. There was so much that caught my eye. I was most impressed with the way Raf Simons made use of his architectural background, combined it with classic Christian Dior, and came up with these beautiful well-constructed pieces. There were so many great moments, like the transformation of the Bar Jacket into a tuxedo-dress, with its cupped pockets moved so that they sit over the breasts. I also love the fact that Raf Simons took inspiration from the late Christian Dior. We saw a lot of the ‘flower women’ silhouette, which is what designer Christian Dior used to describe his revolutionary 1947 New Look of a cinched waists and full skirts that resembled inverted flowers.

The first few items were the best, I was a little bit underwhelmed towards the end of the show, they should have probably cut down the amount of pieces and stuck with the best ones. Overall, it was a good collection. What do you think of this collection? Feel free to comment.


Best Looks 
 

Complete Collection
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

Cravingforbarneys said...

I prefer Galliano's collection, don't you?

Ronnie said...

yep I have to agree with you