Monday 2 July 2012

Versace Atelier - Haute Couture Autumn/Winter 2012

Versace opened Paris Haute Couture week in style last night, at the Ritz Hotel in Paris for the first time since her brother Gianni's death in 1997.

The show kicked off three days of couture collections which will feature, Chanel, Jean Paul Gaultier, Givenchy and Dior, whose new designer Raf Simons is making his debut on Monday. Haute couture is a protected appellation in France, awarded based on strict criteria like the amount of work carried out by hand and in-house, and the share of pieces made to measure.

This is exactly what I expected to see from Versace. Chiffon with a thigh high slit and a lot of movement, body-hugging leather and luxurious crystal embroidery. Donatella Versace said she drew inspiration from the imagery of tarot cards and that was very evident in the designs. This is not the best couture collections I have seen but I think it was a very special moment for the house of Versace and the collect had some beautiful pieces which were very true to the Versace brand. I really felt like I was going to see Donatella strutting down the runway in one of the pieces because it looked like her personal wardrobe. I do have to mention the hair for the show. It was beautiful I love the loose, bouncy curls it tied the looks together very nicely.

As I post the Couture collections, I will be picking out my 'Best Looks' from each collection. Feel free to comment and tell me what your favourite looks are

Best Looks
 

Complete Collection
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
     
  
  
 

No comments: