Thursday 5 July 2012

Elie Saab - Haute Couture Autumn/Winter 2012

Elie Saab I love you! This is what I have been waiting for, a collection that has me exited and sitting on the edge of my seat, I knew you would not disappoint me.

This collection was full of the elegance and beauty. It was inspired by the Ottoman motifs of Constantinople, and the colour pallet was so chic with colours like black, gold, teal soft pink and peachy-pink. The clothes also had this vintage vibe to them with the lace and embroidery. I loved all the gowns. There was a gold high neck beaded dress that caught my eye and let’s not even talk about the amazing full-skirted, beaded, sequined, embroidered wedding dress.

I always say designers should do something out of the box and surprise me, but Elie Saab manages to surprise me even without doing this. We kind of know what to expect from Elie Saab, but he still has us so excited with his ridiculously beautiful gowns.

I am always impressed by the amount of creativity and craftsmanship that goes into the work of a designers show every season. However not every designers manage to reach the standards required to be part of the couture group, but every time I see a Elie Saab collection I understand exactly why he is part of that elite group.

I just really loved this collection and there were so many amazing pieces. Elie Saab shows are probably the ones I look forward to most every season, he is a great designer and no one can do a red carpet gown like he can.

Best Looks
 
 

Complete Collection
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: