Thursday 5 July 2012

Valentino - Haute Couture Autumn/Winter 2012

This was a very interesting collection from the house of Valentino. Pier Paolo Piccioli and Maria Grazia Chiuri have gradually been taking us away from what we were used to seeing at Valentino and giving us a minimalist view. I think I will forever be in love with Valentino Garavani and everything he created for the house and in my mind, no one can ever replace him or replicate what he did. However, with that being said I have come to really like what Pier and Maria are doing.

The new Couture collection is no exception to their rule of minimalism. We have actually been seeing a lot more simple collections from the recent Couture shows, and I think they kind or started this trend. I love the way they gave us simple and elegant with the Midnight blue silk chiffon, round-necked dresses and then they showed us that they could give us a little bit of colour as well.

Overall, this was a nice collection and even though I like the simple looks, it was still the pops of colour that I gravitated toward. Pier and Maria are doing a good job, I can’t wait to see what they do next.

Best Looks 
 

Complete Collection
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments: