Friday 15 June 2012

Altuzarra - Resort 2013

To be honest with you I was not really feeling a lot of the bottoms in this collection, but the tops were speaking to me. The first word that came to my mind when I saw this collection was safari, if I were going on safari this is the collection I would want to be seen in.. One thing I think Altuzarra does really well is mixing different cultures together. In this collection we see influences from India, Jamaica, and the Maasai tribes of East Africa, he was able to bring all of that together and create some really special pieces. I've found that another thing Altuzarra does well is jackets and in this collection we can really see that, there are so many great trenches and blazers I had a hard time picking my favourite. But one piece that I thought really stood out was a long sleeved tee paired with a slim skirt that had ruffle down the front and was cinched at the waist with a belt, This look was modelled by Sui He and I just thought it was really beautiful. Below are some of my favourite looks from the collection.




No comments: