Friday 8 June 2012

Focus On - Daphne Groeneveld

Daphne Groeneveld
(French Vogue December 2010: Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott - Photographer, Carine Roitfeld - Fashion Editor/Stylist)

Agencies
New York - Supreme Management
Paris - Women Paris
Milan - Women Milan
London - Select Model Management

Born on December 24, 1995 in The Netherlands, Daphne was discovered by a woman who randomly went up to her while she was shopping with her mother. She has since gone on to appeared on the covers of French Vogue, i-D Magazine, French Numéro, Vogue Japan & Vogue Russia. Her campaigns include Miu Miu Eyewear, Givenchy, Versace, Louis Vuitton & Calvin Klein.

(French Vogue December 2010: Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott - Photographer, Carine Roitfeld - Fashion Editor/Stylist)

The thing I love the most about Daphne are her lips and her ability to transform. She looks different In every picture I see of her, and she brings something new to every shoot, we never see the same expression from her and she has the ability to take the most gorgeous photos that make you stop and stare.
(i-D Magazine March 2012: Richard Bush - Photographer, Sarah Richardson - Fashion Editor/Stylist)

I first really took notice of Daphne when I saw the Numero June/ July 2011 cover & editorial. I was blow away, the editorial which was called 'Wild Thing' had a tribal fashion theme & there was wild hair & an excessive amount of accessories, but the thing that really got to me was, through all of those things Daphne stood out & not only did she stand out, but she made me want to buy everything in that editorial, and I love it when a model is able to do that because they are securing more jobs for themselves while pleasing the client. I loved this editorial so much that I had to post almost all the pictures. The first two are my favourite pictures.

  
 
 
(French Numero June/ July 2011: Greg Kadel - Photographer, Bill Mullen - Fashion Editor/Stylist) 

No comments: