Monday 18 June 2012

Focus On - Natalia Vodianova

Natalia Vodianova
undefined
(Italian Vogue April 2008: Steven Meisel - Photographer, Unknown - Stylist)

Agencies
New York - DNA Models
Paris - Viva Model Management
Milan - Why Not Model Management
London - Viva London

Born on February 28, 1982 in Russia, Natalia was discovered after attending a modelling academy and moving to Paris. She has appeared in American, British, Italian, French, Turkey, China, Russia & German Vogue as well as Pop, V, Harper's Bazaar, i-D & L'officiel. She has also graced the cover of many of those magazines as well as ELLE, French Numéro, Tatler and many more. She has been in campaigns for Givenchy, Calvin Klein, Louis Vuitton, Yves Saint Laurent, Marc Jacobs, Diane von Fürstenberg & Chanel.

(Louis VuittonSpring/Summer 2008: Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott - Photographer, Unknown - Stylist)

The thing I love the most about Natalia are her eyes and lips, that's what I always notice first when I see pictures of her. She is such a great model that she has the ability to transform in every picture, so the way that I am able to recognize her most of the time is because of her eyes and lips.
(Vogue China - June 2011: Peter Lindbergh - Photographer, Nicoletta Santoro - Fashion Editor/Stylist)

The first time I really took notice of Natalia was when I saw the Russian Vogue September 2010 issue. This was not the first time I had seen Natalia, but the pictures were so beautiful that it put her in the list of my top ten models. I could not find one thing that I did not like about the pictures and I wanted everything she was wearing from the clothes to the accessories. I love this shoot.

natalia Natalia Vodianova for <em>Vogue Russia</em> September 2010 by Mert & Marcus
(Vogue Russia September 2010: Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott - Photographer, Patti Wilson - Fashion Editor/Stylist)


No comments: