Friday 8 June 2012

Focus On - Elie Saab

Elie Saab
     (Elie Saab Backstage at the Fall/Winter 2011/2012 Haute Couture Show)

  • In 1982, Elie Saab opened his workshop in Paris.
  • In 1997, hewas the first non-Italian designer to become a member of the Italian Camera Nazionale della Moda.
  • In 1998, he started his ready-to-wear collection in Milan.
  • In May 2003, the Chambre Syndicale de la Haute Couture invited him to become a member, and on July 2003, he showed his first haute couture collection in Paris. 
  • In 2006, he showed his first ready-to-wear collection in Paris.
(Karmen Pedaru in Elie Saab Spring/ Summer 2011 Couture)

Elie Saab is truly one of my favourite designers especially when it comes to evening gowns. He has created the most beautiful, delicately beaded and sequined evening gowns I have ever seen. For one of his collections he said his inspiration was a "goddess taking a walk during dawn under the dew", and i think any woman wearing his gown would feel like a goddess because they would certainly look like one, I have never seen a woman who does not look amazing in one of his dresses, his gowns are well constructed and move so elegantly, no other designer can replicate him.

(Magdalena Frackowiak in Elie Saab Fall/Winter 2011 Ready-to-Wear) 

My favourite collection from Elie Saab has to be the Fall 2011 Couture Collection. I love this collection so much, I remember the first time I saw this collection it was really early in the morning because my sister saw it and decided it could not wait, so she woke me up to see it, and she's not really into fashion, but even she realised how serious the collection was. I think I had only had like 3 hours of sleep that day but once I saw the collection I could not go back to bed I just kept watching it over and over again and each time I fell more in love with it. I am literally obsessed with this collection, so it can't be surprising to you that it's going into 'Ronnie O's Fashion Hall of Fame'. Enjoy.


No comments: