(Fall/Winter 2010 Audi Fashion Festival)
- In1986, they launched their first signature womenswear collection, DEanDAN.
- By 1988, they had signed on to label Ports International (currently Ports 1961) as creative directors.
- In 1991, they moved to Milan, Italy where they worked as designers for the house of Gianni Versace & denim brand Diesel.
- In 1994, they debuted their men's collection.
- In 2003, they launched a women's collection.
(Hanne Gaby Odiele in Dsquared² Spring/Summer 2011 Ready-to-Wear)
Dean & Dan Caten are really great designers. You could never be board at a Dsquared² fashion show, their kitschy shows give you fun along with well-tailored basics. I love everything these guys design and I can truly see myself wearing most of their pieces. They once described their aesthetic as "a taste of home, where the Canadian woods meet Italian design,". I feel that's exactly what you get with their designs, a home town feeling with a stylish edge.
(Chanel Iman in Dsquared² Spring/Summer 2009 Ready-to-Wear)